Stratera – Aspects you should know about
In this website we will review some important aspects about Stratera. Besides talking about this product, we will provide useful articles about attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and alternative solutions.
To medicate or not?
What is Stratera?
Stratera, which consists of atomoxetine, influences chemical substances in the nervous system and human brain. This will allow a person to control their impulses and hyperactivity problems. For this reason, this medicine is mainly employed to deal with ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder)
Not intended for long-term use
You should be aware that this treatment isn’t intended for long-term consumption. Due to the fact that ADHD could be a long-term problem, particularly in young children and teenagers, your physician could advise the use of another ADHD treatment once the consumption of this medicine is stopped.
Long-term utilization of Strattera may slow a kid’s development. For this reason, you should always inform your physician if your child is not gaining weight or growing appropriately. Never use this medicine in children who are 6 years old or younger without consulting a doctor first.
- Never use this medicine if the capsule is broken. In case the compound inside the capsule enters your eyes, wash extensively with water. You may need to call a doctor if there is any discomfort in your eyes.
- Be aware that this drug could hinder your reactions or thinking. Be cautious when you drive or perhaps do any situation that demands you to stay alert.
- Don’t use this medication in case you have consumed an MAO inhibitor like Furoxone, Parnate, Marplan, Nardil, Azilect, Eldepryl, Emsam, or Zelapar within the last 14 days. This is very important since the interaction of these drugs may become very hazardous for your health because of the severe side-effects.
- Don’t use Stratera in case you have any tumor in the adrenal glands or are allergic to the ingredients of this medicine.
- Is vital to inform your doctor if you or your child have any kind of heart issue, because several ADHD medicines may be responsible of sudden death mainly in adolescents and children who suffered from severe heart conditions.
Conditions you should report to your doctor
Before you take this medicine, make sure to tell your doctor if you suffer from any of the following health conditions:
- High or low blood pressure
- Congenital heart defect
- Urination problems
- Liver disease
- Any history of blood clots, stroke or heart attack
- Recent heart attack or any heart disease
- Coronary artery disease
- Any personal or family history of mental illness like depression or suicide attempt
- You should also tell your doctor if anyone in your family has suddenly died due to a heart condition.
During this treatment, is important that you watch out for any signs of depression or suicidal thoughts. Your family should also stay alert for any alterations in your normal mood.
Regarding pregnancy, it isn’t acknowledged whether this medicine is detrimental to the unborn baby. For this reason, you should inform your doctor in case you are pregnant or intend to get pregnant while using this medicine. Never make use of Stratera without informing your physician if you’re breast feeding.
We are not related in any way with the pharmaceutical company, but we will do our best efforts to provide you with useful and unbiased information about this topic. Remember to bookmark this page since we will be updating it frequently.